Tuesday, April 29, 2008

Hitting the Pavement!



Well it is approaching rather fast, perhaps too fast. I am participating in the Eugene Marathon this sunday, I'm only doing the half marathon that is....13.1 miles. Racing a bike I understand, however hitting the pavement on my own two feet is a new beginning for me.




I know that I won't be one of the women who set 1:15 records, but I have goals. I have been training, maybe training too much. I completed my last long run this past sunday. It included a 14.5 mile run in 1:59. I had a blast doing it so I know that I am capable of my goal of 1:45 on the half marathon. My husband informed me the other night that I could in fact complete this run in 1:30---right. Well all times set aside I look forward to seeing some old friends and taking part a new tradition in Eugene, OR...the Eugene Marathon! Woo hoo! I'll post pictures and details when we get back from our latest adventures to Portland and Eugene. Love you guys!

No comments: